Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Interval bomb

Today's workout was a simple 4 x 800...BUT at 3:03 pace.  HA.  I knew going in that it was impossible and was fine with lowering my standards.

2.5 miles easy (7.0 mph), first 800 was 3:20 pace (9.0 mph).  Jogged 400, second 800 was 3:17 (9.1 mph). Another 400 jog.  Then I started the third on and felt awful.  So, I've been working on my nutrition, tracking it on myfitnesspal, and I think I was too low yesterday. I am trying to do a better job today getting in enough cals - quality cals.

Back to the workout.  In the third 800, I knew I wasn't going to be able hold pace.  I quit.  It's rare for me to quit a workout but my legs were like lead and my breathing was off.  I hopped on the elliptical for 15 minutes and called it a day. 

So, first real week of marathon training and I'm already bailing on my workouts.  I've got a long road ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment