Friday, November 7, 2014

Thursday and Friday recaps

Thursday was hot yoga 90 with John.  I love his classes - he's so knowledgeable yet warm and approachable.  I need to make sure I'm practicing at least once a week.

Today, I went to Body Pump in the morning and then attempted my tempo run in the afternoon.  Smart move (sarcasm).  Body Pump was great - my shoulders and chest, especially, got a great workout.

I headed back to the Y in the afternoon to do my tempo run on the treadmill since I was trying out new shoes (Adidas Supernova Sequence 7s).  I started with an 8:34 mile then 7:41, 7:35, 7:30, and 7:24.  I was supposed to do five miles around 7:37 pace but my legs were toast.  Yeah.  Body Pump before tempo runs = not smart.  Anyway, ended with a 9:05 slow jog and called it a day.  23 years of running and I'm still acting like a total newbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment